Thursday, October 20, 2011

Adventure to Wyoming and Kindness of Family

I drove to Star Valley, Wyoming yesterday morning.
The drive around Palisades Dam was breathtaking.
I pulled over four times to take pictures.
Pretty daring for little me!
This is when I wish I had a big fancy camera.... sigh!






I arrived at Star 6 Ranch to spend a few days with my sister and her husband!
He always jumps for joy when I come..

No, he is so good to me and puts up with us!
He even took us down to the river and set up chairs,
so we could just sit and hear the babbling brook go by!







Her holiday decorations are a scream!



Neil fishing in the Salt River...



I promised my sister I wouldn't put the picture in of the two of us...
bad hair day...
so here are our shoes.  
 Wahoo!






My big sis called me up the night before I left,
and said, "Neil's got everything in the truck ready to go!"
I said, "We're really going to go to Paris?
(The cemetery in Idaho).
They had dark, rich soil,
rakes, shovels, pruners and grass seed ready to go!
We drove there and worked hard and made it look so nice.
(Not sure why the cemetery people hadn't taken care of it)



This is a picture from behind Alain's headstone. 
These are the weeping birch trees my mother planted
when my dad died 45 years ago.
I just can't believe how beautiful they are.

So grateful for this mid-week adventure
and for the love and help of family.

(This picture makes me feel like this can't be real...oh how I wish it wasn't.) 

1 comment:

Sheri Howard said...

Your pictures with your little camera are beautiful. Remember when we went on our little photo shoot last fall? Cemetary people are mostly volunteer...they don't get paid much to keep up the cemetary, mostly dig the graves and mow the lawn! Love that you went! I want to go.